At Colorado Women's College, you'll experience the energy and excitement that is unique to an all-women learning environment. You'll find faculty who drive your ambitions, a prestigious diploma that opens doors and an authentic community in the heart of the DU campus.
What makes us special?
We're a College designed specifically for today's modern woman:
- Classes held days, evenings, weekends and online
- Emphasis on academic excellence, global responsibility, community engagement and creative approaches to problem solving
- High-caliber faculty and small class size
- Small, supportive all-women environment within a large co-ed institution
- Student body made up of women who are balancing school, work and other parts of their lives
Why a women's college?
Because it's all about you. Women's colleges empower women in a way unlike any other educational institution. And we have the data to prove it. According to The Hardwick-Day 2012 Comparative Alumnae Survey Research Study, women's college alumnae from across the country:
- Were more likely to say they greatly benefited from a high quality, teaching-oriented faculty
- Consistently give their schools higher effectiveness ratings than all others for helping students learn to relate to people of different backgrounds
- Were more likely than other alumnae to have graduated in four years or less
- Were more likely than any other group to go on to complete a graduate degree
And that's not all! In a 2007 Indiana University study comparing female students at coeducational and women's colleges, researchers found that students at women's colleges:
- Were more engaged in effective educational practices and reported higher levels of feelings of support and greater gains
- Had a greater desire to contribute to their communities
- Had stronger development of higher order thinking skills
- Possessed a greater ability to better understand themselves and others
- Reported more frequent and extensive classroom discussions than their peers at co-ed schools
At Colorado Women's College, our students and faculty have a passion for education and a determination to succeed, which translates into a stimulating and rewarding environment. Students graduate from degree and certificate programs as leaders – with academic knowledge, skills for personal and professional success and a drive to create a better world for everyone.